Car Emergency Preparedness Kit
Keep a smaller disaster supply kit in the trunk of your car. If you become stranded or are not able to return home, having these items will help you be more comfortable until help arrives. Additional items for severe weather should be included, as well as for your family’s special needs.
Assemble the supplies you might need in an evacuation. Store them in an easy to carry container such as a backpack or duffle bag. Think about your family’s unique needs.
- White flag or cloth to hang on antenna to signal for help
- Bottled water and non-perishable high energy foods
- Manual can opener and eating utensils
- First aid kit and manual
- Prescription medications
- Battery powered radio and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Booster cables
- Tire repair kit and pump
For more information, please visit